Acidity/Heartburn is an uncomfortable feeling of burning and warmth in the chest, behind the breastbone (sternum) but sometimes rising as high as the neck. It usually occurs after meals, when lying down, or at night while sleeping. Heartburn usually is due to gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), the rise of stomach acid back up into the esophagus. Heartburn has nothing whatsoever to do with the heart though the discomfort of heartburn may be confused with heart pain and vice versa.
Natural Remedies for Acidity
1. Gently sucking a piece of jaggery until acidity subsides is a perfect home remedy for acidity.
2. A glass of cold milk gives instant relief from this problem.
3. Chewing of few basil leaves keeps acidity, gas and nausea at bay.
4. Eating plenty of cucumber, water melon and banana keeps away acidity.
5. Drinking coconut water relieves acidity.
6. Every meal should be followed by a drink of fresh mint juice. This is the best acidity remedy.
7. Consumption of yoghurt gives instant relief from this problem.
8. Soda water effectively treats acidity problems.
9. Chewing ginger helps to subside acidity.
10. One may take a mixture of 1 tablespoon honey and 2 tablespoon natural apple cider vinegar before meals to avoid this problem.
11. Sucking clove relieves acidity.
12. Intake of 2 teaspoons of white vinegar along with meals prevents acidity.
13. Intake of tea and coffee should be replaced by the intake of herbal tea consisting of spearmint or licorice.
14. One may drink a mixture of 1 teaspoon chebulic myrobalan juice and one teaspoon Indian gooseberry juice to get relief from acidity.
15. One may boil cumin seeds in a glass of water, strain and drink the water after each meal. This effectively treats acidity.
16. Drinking half a glass of butter milk with one tablespoon coriander leaf juice mixed in to it is an effective home remedy for acidity.
17. A daily drink of cabbage juice checks acidity.
18. Maintaining a standing posture after meals, checks acidity.
19. Drinking one or two glasses of water in empty stomach early in the morning keeps acidity away.
Courtesy: I LIKE TO JOIN DAILY HEALTH TIPS FOR KEEEPING US FIT & HEALTHY
source: shared from facebook.com